The University Of Texas

2014011102, Sunrise over the University of Texas
2011070909, Live oak trees on the South Mall
2016060404, Hall of Noble Words
2017022502, The Texas Union
2014100405, Entrance gate at Littlefield house
2018051904, DKR North entrance
2017022503, Mountain laurel and orange Tower
2016072302, Scottish Rite Dormitory
2016060415, Limestone staircase and oak tree
2016060407, Main Building ceiling
2016032801, Tower with #1 at dawn
2016060403, Main Building entryway
2015032903, Orange Tower between Hogg Building and Gebauer Building
2016060401, Main Building entrance
2014041201, Orange Tower and LBJ Fountain
2018051903, DKR and live oak
2014080901, Battle Hall at dusk
2016032806, Tower at sunrise
2015032901, Orange Tower with #1 through Garrison Hall arches
2015030710, Flowers on limestone
2015030708, Flawn Academic Center and the Torchbearers sculpture
2016060405, Main Building hallway
2014051702, The LBJ Fountain and Sid Richarson Hall
2012012804, Longhorn statue and John W. Hargis Hall
2015030706, Dorothy L. Gebauer Building
2016032804, Tower with #1 at sunrise
2015030705, Main Building entrance
2016060409, Architecture and Planning Library Reading Room
2015030704, Littlefield Fountain and Rainey Hall at dawn
2015030703, Snapdragons and Benedict Hall at dawn
2015030701, The Tower and Littlefield Fountain at dawn
2014101903, Texas Memorial Museum lawn at night
2014101803, Barbara Jordan statue under the Battle Oaks
2014101801, The Tower reflected in the Turtle Pond
2014100404, The George W. Littlefield House
2014100402, The Texas Union and the Tower
2014100401, Sutton Hall
2015032902, Orange Tower with #1 and Texas bluebonnets
2014080902, Waggener Hall at dusk
2014060601, Orange Tower and Texas State Capitol dome
2014053107, Gregory Gym
2014053106, Orange Tower reflected in the Littlefield Fountain
2012012803, Arno Nowotny Building
2014051706, East Mall Fountain and Tower at Commencement 2014
2014051705, The East Mall Fountain and the Liberal Arts Building
2014050203, Darkened Tower at twilight
2016060410, Architecture and Planning Library Reading Room
2014050201, Texas Memorial Museum at sunset
2014041203, Orange Tower through oak trees
2016060402, Main Building entryway
2015030707, Flawn Academic Center and the Torchbearers sculpture
2014041202, LBJ Library and LBJ Fountain
2014030903, Welch Hall entrance
2014030902, Texas sotol and Texas bluebonnets
2014011105, Oak tree and and first light on Battle Hall
2012060904, Orange Tower with #1 and car light streaks
2014010405, First light on replica colossal Olmec head
2014010404, Oak tree and Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library
2014011101, Dawn breaking over campus
2013031603, Live oak tree and Tower entrance
2012060901, Orange Tower with #1
2012012805, Longhorn statue and John W. Hargis Hall
2011070912, Barbara Jordan statue and Battle Oaks
2011070910, Afternoon light on Parlin Hall

About The University of Texas

The University of Texas is many things to many people. To some it is as simple as a football team and a place to spend Saturdays during the fall. To others it is a Tower bathed in orange light on the Austin skyline in commemoration of some event or achievement. And still to others it is one of the most esteemed institutions of higher learning in the world, which has molded the lives of young men and women from all over the globe for over one hundred and thirty years.

Its history is almost as old as the state of Texas itself. “An Act to Establish the University of Texas” was considered by the Texas Congress as early as 1838, only two years after Texas won its independence from Mexico. Over forty years of legislative wrangling would take place before Texas’ flagship university would open its doors in 1883 on forty acres of land in Austin originally known as College Hill. Strangely enough, the original name of the plot of land was apparently not as memorable as its size since the campus is affectionately known to students and alumni today as the Forty Acres.

As the campus grew, buildings came and went. The original Main Building, built in three phases in the late nineteenth century and known as Old Main, was razed in the early 1930s and replaced with the now world-famous University of Texas Tower. Brackenridge Hall, built in 1890 and known as B. Hall, was torn down in 1952. But many of the other buildings which constituted part of the early campus, such as the Gebauer Building, Battle Hall, and Sutton Hall are still standing and in use today, over one hundred years after their construction.

The remainder of the twentieth century saw considerable expansion of the University’s footprint, even away from the main campus. Garrison Hall, Waggener Hall, Goldsmith Hall, Hogg Memorial Auditorium, Painter Hall, Welch Hall, Gearing Hall, the W.C. Hogg Building, the buildings of the Six Pack (Benedict Hall, Mezes Hall, Batts Hall, Parlin Hall, Calhoun Hall, and Rainey Hall), along with several others, form the core of the campus today. Others are continually added or rebuilt. In fact, the only constant at the University of Texas seems to be its unending evolution and growth.